Pages

Friday, July 18, 2008

Spaghetti for Everyone




Pasta Spaghetti





Raw Spaghetti








The pasta spaghetti was of course boiled and topped with a tomato basil sauce followed by turkey meatballs and parmesean cheese. All from Trader Joe's!

Now for the raw spaghetti. I sliced up zucchini to resemble spaghetti. Topped it off with some fresh tomatoes, garlic, fresh squeezed lime juice, oregano, and thyme all liquified in the blender. Then I made 'parmesean cheese' using soaked raw cashews, nutritional yeast, a little garlic and some water to make it smoother. Boy oh boy was I in for for a surprise when I tried this! First of all, it tasted much better than the regular pasta I've eaten since I was a child. It was much flavorful and I got full pretty quick! Definitely will be making this again as it's much better for you and even more satisfying.

Have you ever tried raw spaghetti? Let me know your thoughts in the comment section!

2 comments:

MILLI said...

How long did you soak the cashews and in what?

GET IT GIRL said...

Hi Milli- I soaked the cashews in water for a minimum of 5 hours. Also, make sure the cashews are raw cashews. You can find a big bag of them at Trader Joes!