Pages

Saturday, August 28, 2010

My First 8

Elliptical / 8 miles / 1:38

That's right folks I have ran 8 miles in one workout session! I have never done this..ever! As you can see by my time, I took this honey at whatever pace I was feeling at the time. If ya wanna know how it all went..well here goes: A lot of self-talk took place during my run. I first thought geez, 1 mile is equivalent to 12 mins for me..I gotta change that! Then I thought, 'you know what, this is progress..I'm focused, I'm stepping up my routine, and I'm pretty serious about it.' I always want something right now..like rush, rush, rush! This journey right here, is definitely allowing me to learn patience. I can't have what I want when I want it..which is right now! I mean can my time be a 7-8 min mile? Yes, it can eventually. I'm learning to just be patient and focus on having fun with this [cuz that's ultimately why I do this and to indulge in a cupcake or two] I will say that the gym sessions this week have been a great help to making this happen today. I sweated my butt off but it wasn't as bad as I thought it was gonna be. I walked out the door a little nervous too but you know what- I said in my mind I would run 8 miles and that's exactly what I did! That brings my weekly grand total to 27 miles ran!!! In a week, moi??! Go Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...woooohoooooO!

Ok enough talk about the workout, it's time to talk fooooooood. I mean that's what we're all here for, right!? Here's the pre workout snackie snack:

Post workout stir-fry:

This baby was very tasty! Oh, that's spicy hummus on the side for dipping. Here's all the veggies I used to create this bad boy medley:

Brussels sprouts, broccoli, veggieland mixture, and turkey bacon...ooooo la la! I added spicey mustard, hot sauce, jalepenos, a little olive oil to get it sizzling, and some sea salt. I will definitely be making this again! It was more than satisfying!

I'm off to get this:

photo courtesy of yelp.com

Stay tuned. I will let you know how my visit to the moon goes.....

No comments: