Pages

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Wrap Me in Buffalo Sauce

Lunch was pretty awesomely [is that even a word] overpriced today. I met a friend that's back in the states for a few weeks from the audacious aussieville continent of Australia. I met her from work back in 2008 [man, how time flies..seems like yesterday] She's now been in Australia for well over a year with her beau. What a life, right!!?? She was as awesome as I remember. Too bad I didn't get a picture of her and the group cuz I was too busy chomping on this:


Before I hogged out on the picture contents above, I perused the menu and saw beignets!! Ok, anyone that knows me well and we're discussing New Orleans, knows that beignets are what typically comes up in the conversation! To top it off, the description stated they use Cafe du Monde's mix. I almost flipped outta my seat! Ok, not really..but I came close. You know they sell the mix at Cost Plus World Market. I'm no good at making these though. One, I'm impatient and two, I don't own a candy thermometer and three, yeah, I'm just too impatient. But maybe the recipe doesn't call for patience just understanding. [ha] Shocking that I'm mentioning this but I bought the mix years ago and it just sat in my cabinet forever until I finally threw it out. I was gonna make pancakes with it but I think it pretty much has the wrong agents in it altogether to make that happen. What a mess that would've been.

Oh, here's my dessert for today:

Ice cream bars from the office of the building. They give it to us everyday in the summer months as an incentive for coming to work in their building. [I wish]

With all this food, thank heavens for today's workout: Elliptical 5 miles in 58:48

No comments: